Marketing podcasts can be a fantastic source for knowledge, trends, and inspiration. But, researching the mammoth number of them in order to identify the best one for you can be a daunting task. So, we did the research… just review the list, make your choice and get started!
We researched the recommendations of a wide range of reputable publications and personalities, and our own team. We then merged and purged the lists to find which marketing podcasts were most highly recommended by multiple sources. Finally, we explored each of those to hone in on this “Best Of” short list.
Listed in random order, they are all free and available on demand. The links take you to them on iTunes; however, most of them are also available on Google Play, Stitcher, SoundCloud, Spotify, etc. And now, the list…
Marketing Smarts—30 minutes, weekly
Hosted by MarketingProfs, it features in-depth interviews with marketers from all walks of life, delivering actionable insights and advice.
- Marketing in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Team Owner Tad Geschickter
- Brand Value, Marketing Humor, and Team Diversity: Dara Treseder of GE
- Employee Engagement and ‘Intelligent Inbound’: SmartBug Media Founder Ryan Malone
- Tools for Building Your Brand in the Age of Digital Distraction: ‘Brand Now’ Author Nick Westergaard
Marketing Over Coffee—20-30 minutes, weekly
Hear what’s new and trending, marketing tips and tricks from hosts John Wall and Christopher Penn.
- 8 Million Facebook Posts—learn about AR for Google Maps, LinkedIn Video, and more
- Crushing Frames with Oren Klaff, Author of Pitch Anything—rebuild your sales pitch based on how the mind works
- We Got the Gear—learn about Auto-Detect Funnels, Favorite Gear, Keywordless Ads, etc.
- Brand Now and the Wrath of Nick Westergaard—Nick talks about his latest book, Brand Now!
The GaryVee Audio Experience—from a few minutes up to an hour, daily
Hosted by Gary Vaynerchuck, entrepreneur, CEO, vlogger and public speaker. It’s a mix of #AskGaryVee show episodes, keynote speeches on marketing and business, segments from his DAILYVEE video series, interviews he has given and new thoughts.
- #AskGaryVee 284: Jarno Laasala from The Dudesons Live from Helsinki: 51 minutes
- Listen To This Before You Turn 30: Calling a Fan From Facebook: 7 minutes
- 5 Tips for New Entrepreneurs: The Best of #AskGaryVee: 13 minutes
- A meeting with NBA Trainer Chris Brickley: 22 minutes
Social Media Marketing—45 minutes, weekly
Discover how successful businesses employ social media, learn new strategies and tactics, and gain actionable tips. Hosted by Social Media Examiner’s Michael Stelzner.
- Personal Brand Pivot: How to Become The Next You
- Alexa Flash Briefings: What Marketers Need to Know
- Crisis Planning: How to Publicly Respond to Business Problems
- How to Generate Leads and Sell With Live Video
Copyblogger FM—20-30 minutes, weekly
A Rainmaker.FM podcast; host Sonia Simone and rotating experts analyze the week in content marketing, copywriting, email marketing, conversion optimization, mindset and more.
- 3 Almost Magical Headline Ingredients for More Traffic, Engagement, and Shares
- ‘Good Karma’ Selling that Works: A Conversation with Tim Paige
- How to Kill Your Sales and Mess up Your Business: Lessons from a Used Car Salesman
- Seth Godin and How to Create Change
Marketing School—10 minutes, daily
Hosted by Neil Patel & Eric Siu. Actionable marketing advice in just 10 minutes every day!
- How First Mover Advantage Can Kill Your Business
- Eric Siu’s Personal Marketing Strategy
- The Genius of HubSpot’s Marketing
- What Kind of A/B Tests Should You Run to Improve Your Sales
The Science of Social Media—15 minutes, weekly
Buffer shares cutting-edge social media marketing strategies from brands and influencers in every industry.
- 10 Proven Social Media Tips for Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs
- 50+ Marketers On How to Prove Social ROI, Where Video Marketing is Headed in 2018, Exciting New Instagram Features, and more… all in 14 minutes!
- YouTube Marketing 101: How We Grew Our Channel by 59% in 30 Days
- GDPR: New Data Privacy Laws and Important Changes Businesses and Marketers Need to Know
Social Pros—45 minutes, weekly
Hosted by Jay Baer of Convince & Convert and Adam Brown of Salesforce. Insights from leading social media strategists plus current social media trends and ideas discussed and ratified or debunked by the hosts.
- Is your Job Ready for the Future of Social Analytics
- How Brandwatch Moves Social Listening From So What to Now What
- How to Build Human Connections through Analytics
- Why the Best Social Media Ideas Sound Terrible at First
Although not specifically marketing podcasts, you may want to check out these podcasts recommend by members of the Eclipse team for personal and business growth, entrepreneurs, and enhancing your understanding of Latinos in your marketplace.
WorkLife with Adam Grant by TED—30 minutes, weekly
Organizational psychologist Adam Grant takes you inside some of the world’s most unusual workplaces to discover the keys to better work.
- When Work Takes Over Your Life
- A World Without Bosses
- Faking Your Emotions at Work
- How to Trust People You Don’t Like
Choiceology with Dan Heath—30 minutes, bi-monthly
An original podcast from Charles Schwab, it explores the lessons of behavioral economics, exposing the psychological traps that lead to expensive mistakes.
- How Tomorrow Feels Today; imagine how a major life event will affect your overall well-being 10 years later.
- A Number in Mind; a psychological force can influence what you are willing to pay for something
- Swimming with Sharks; examine the bias that affects the way you perceive both risk and reward
- The Devil’s Advocate; the tendency to favor info that confirms per-existing beliefs.
The Pitch—weekly, 30 minutes
Hosted by Josh Muccio from Gimlet Media; real entrepreneurs pitch to real investors, plus the nitty gritty details of what happens after everyone shakes hands and walks out of the room.
- LOLI: A Beauty Industry Veteran Goes Rogue
- inRecovery: Can Tech Solve America’s Drug Crisis
- Hostfully: When Two Startups Love Each Other Very Much
- Petit Pot: The Proof Is in the Pudding
How I Built This with Guy Raz—30-50 minutes, weekly
An NPR podcast which weaves a narrative journey about innovators, entrepreneurs and idealists—and the movements they built.
- Minted: Mariam Naficy
- Airbnb: Joe Gebbia
- Lady Gaga & Atom Factory: Tory Carter
- Bob’s Red Mill: Bob Moore
Latino USA—15-30 minutes, approx. twice weekly
From NPR, this radio journal of news and culture is the only national, English-language radio program produced from a Latino perspective.
- Dos a Cero: A Mexico-USA Rivalry is Born
- Portrait Of: Luis Alberto Urrea, Mexican-American Chronicler
- The San Antonio 4
- Unaccompanied and Unaccounted For
OVER TO YOU! If you are already familiar with any of the podcasts on our list, we’d love to hear your thoughts about them. And, if you recommend any that aren’t on the list—please share!
Sources: entrepreneur.com/article/293333; blog.rebrandly.com/best-marketing-podcasts/; campaignmonitor.com/blog/email-marketing/2017/01/11-top-marketing-podcasts-tune/; workzone.com/blog/top-marketing-podcasts/; blog.snappa.com/business-marketing-podcasts/; inc.com/james-paine/marketers-here-are-top-ten-podcasts-to-listen-to-in 2018.html; optinmonster.com/the-best-marketing-podcasts-to-boost-your-conversions/; blog.markgrowth.com/the-best-marketing-podcasts-you-should-be-listening-to-e3234cf7271a; eclipsemarketingservices.com
Latest posts by Joan Coyne (see all)
- Test Your Multicultural Knowledge - September 19, 2018
- 10 Reasons to Engage Latinos in Your Marketing Campaigns - August 27, 2018
- Top Conferences to Attend This Fall - July 5, 2018